Bone soup recipe
A bone soup not only tastes delicious, but is also rich in minerals and nutrients. Known as grandma's remedy, bone soup from chicken is said to reduce the activity of white blood cells, which can reduce cold symptoms. Today we will tell you a great recipe to cook a rich bone soup from the chicken itself.
First of all, you need high-quality ingredients. Ask for chicken carcasses at the butcher's shop of your choice, at the farmers' market or in the organic food store. It is important that the animals have been raised without antibiotics. Chicken bones from organic farming are best, since the broth should be as natural and nutritious as possible.
We boil our JARMINO Bone Broth for 20 hours to extract as many of the valuable nutrients as possible from the bones and bind them in the broth, such as collagen, amino acids (including glycine, proline, hydroxyproline, glutamine, lysine) and glycosaminoglycans. At home, it is not really possible to cook a bone soup for 20 hours, but after 8 to 10 hours you can achieve a very rich bone soup.
The recipes for the bone soup are for a quantity of 5 liters of bone soup. If you don't consume the stock within 4 days (you can keep the bone-in soup in the refrigerator for that long), we recommend freezing the soup in portions.
Recipe Chicken Bone Soup
Recipe for 5 liters, preparation time: 8-10 hours
- 2,5 kg chicken carcasses
- 2 large white onions
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1/4 celeriac
- 8 stems fresh parsley
- 1 parsley root
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 - 2 dried chillies for a slight pungency
- 40g rock salt or sea salt
- Wash and halve the onions. The skin can remain on them. Wash the carrots, parsley root and celery and dice into large pieces. They do not need to be peeled. Wash the parsley and use it whole. Put all vegetables, peppercorns, bay leaf and ginger in a large soup pot.
- Thoroughly clean the chicken carcasses under cold running water and then roast them on a baking tray in the oven until they are lightly brown and have developed roasting aromas.
- Add the chicken carcasses to the pot with 5 liters of cold water. Bring to the boil on medium heat and then simmer open for about 8-10 hours on low heat.
- Skim foam from the surface regularly with a skimmer. Then drain through a sieve into another pot.
- Season the chicken bone soup with salt.
As an alternative to the bone soup from chicken, you can also cook a delicious bone soup as bones from pasture cattle. You can find a simple recipe here: Bone stock recipe