Cook chicken broth yourself
Posted on September 10 2020
A good chicken broth takes about 8 to 10 hours to cook. But you won't regret it, because the nutrient-rich broth can do much more than just taste good. Known as grandma's remedy, chicken broth is often drunk hot to alleviate a cold.
We show you how to cook a rich chicken broth yourselfRecipe for 5 liters chicken broth
Preparation time: 8 to 10 hours
In order to get a truly honest, natural chicken broth, you should urgently use high quality ingredients from organic farming or organic products.
- 2,5 kg chicken bones (chicken carcasses)
- 3 medium-sized carrots
- 1/4 celery bulb
- 2 large onions
- 8 stems fresh parsley
- 1 parsley root
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves, dried
- 4 slices of ginger, fresh
- 1-2 small dried chillies for a slight pungency
- 40g rock salt / sea salt
- butter or ghee
- Wash and halve the onions, leaving the skin on. Wash the carrots, parsley root and celery and then cut them into large cubes. They also do not need to be peeled. Wash the parsley with stalk. Put the vegetables, peppercorns, bay leaf and ginger in a large pot.
- Clean the chicken carcasses thoroughly under cold running water. Then roast them on a baking tray in the oven at about 180 degrees Celsius until they are lightly brown.
- Put the chicken carcasses in the pot with 5 liters of cold water. Bring to the boil on medium heat and then simmer with the lid on for about 8-10 hours at low heat.
- Regularly scoop off the forming foam from the surface with a ladle. Then pour everything through a sieve into another pot.
- Finally, season the chicken broth with salt to taste.
JARMINO Chicken Broth
Why do we use chicken carcasses and not whole chicken for the chicken broth?
We only use chicken bones for our recipe because we want to show you how to cook a particularly nutritious chicken soup yourself.
The nutrients such as collagen, amino acids and minerals are found in the bones and not in the chicken meat.
By cooking for 8 to 10 hours you can extract all these nutrients from the bones and bind them in the chicken soup. It is best to use so many bones that they fill the pot almost completely. Ask your trusted butcher for chicken carcasses, usually he should have some.
How much bone broth...
It is recommended to drink 175 ml to 350 ml of bone broth daily. A high quality organic bone broth that has been cooked for 20 hours contains enoug...
Experiences with bo...
We have been selling our organic and ready made bone broths since 2016 and our whole team is overwhelmed by the many positive opinions of our custo...
Cook chicken broth ...
A good chicken broth takes about 8 to 10 hours to cook. But you won't regret it, because the nutrient-rich broth can do much more than just taste g...