Recipe: broccoli soup with chicken bone broth
Broccoli soup is one of those delicious soups that almost everyone loves. It is creamy, rich and soothing. It is definitely a favorite in our house and this recipe makes the soup even more valuable, not only because our bone broth chicken is used as the base, but also because coconut milk is used instead of cream.
Author: Sebastian Unterhuber
Average reading time: approx. 1.5 minutes
Recipe for 4-6 persons
cooking time: approx. 25-30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 4 shallots roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds of broccoli florets or frozen broccoli
- 1/2 green apple, peeled and diced
- 2 potatoes, boiled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 950 ml JARMINO chicken bone broth
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 400 ml coconut milk
- Sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Serving suggestion: Refine with roasted pine nuts and some parsley
- Melt the ghee in a large pot at medium heat. Add the shallots and onions. Sauté until they are soft.
- Add the broccoli florets, apple, potatoes and chicken stock. Top up with some extra broth or water if the vegetables are not completely covered. Turn the heat to a high temperature until it comes to the boil.
- Boil everything until the vegetables are soft. This takes between 15 and 25 minutes.
- Stir in the spices and cook for another 5 minutes. Puree the soup with a mixer or press it through a fine sieve.
- Pour the soup back into the pot, add the coconut milk and mix well.
- Serve with roasted pine nuts and some parsley as desired