Pumpkin soup recipe
This delicious pumpkin soup with chicken bone stock is the ideal soup for cold winter days. Not only does it taste delicious and warm, but the bone stock also provides valuable nutrients such as collagen and amino acids.
Author: Sebastian Unterhuber
Average reading time: 1.5 minutes
Recipe for 8 people
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 2 yellow onions diced
- 8 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 Hokkaido pumpkin, seeded and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 glasses of JARMINO chicken bone broth (2x 350ml)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- rock salt or sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Red chillies, to taste
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the ghee or oil so that it covers the bottom of the pan. Steam the onions for about 3 minutes until they are glassy. Add the garlic cloves and pumpkin. Cook everything together for another 4-5 minutes until your entire kitchen begins to smell.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, curry paste and spices (except nutmeg, salt and pepper). Cook over medium heat until the soup is boiling. Then lower the heat so that the soup simmers for another 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat. Pull out the bay leaves with tongs. Add the nutmeg and mix the soup in a blender or hand blender on high setting. Then season the soup with salt, pepper and chili to your taste.
Serve warm with some pumpkin seeds, pomegranate seeds and fresh coriander. Bon appetite!