Bone broth recipe: Summer Gazpacho
This delicious gazpacho with our BIO bone broth from free-range chicken is ideal for warm summer days. Since the recipe can easily be prepared the day before, it is ideal for a barbecue with friends.
Author: Sebastian Unterhuber
Average reading time: 1.5 minutes
Recipe for 8 glasses (150ml each) / 4 soup bowls
- 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 glass of JARMINO chicken bone broth
- 1 cucumber, peeled & chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed & crushed
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil, extra virgin
- BIO Apple Cider Vinegar
- rock salt or sea salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- at will: Herbs, spring onions, Serrano ham, (roasted) bread to garnish
- Place tomatoes in a pot of boiling water and bathe for about 30 seconds until the skin can be removed.
- Put the tomatoes with the cucumber, paprika, garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a dash of apple vinegar in a blender and stir until smooth. Add as much chicken stock until a pleasantly liquid consistency is achieved and then season with salt and pepper. Mix again briefly and season again. You can add a little coconut blossom sugar if you like, but if the tomatoes are really ripe, this is not necessary, then you can add enough sweetness. Put the gazpacho in a bowl, cover it with cling film and put it in the fridge to cool.
- Once the gazpacho is well chilled, you can serve it in glasses or soup bowls. Add a little olive oil, freshly roasted bread crumbs, fresh herbs, spring onions and/or a little Serrano.
We hope you enjoy the delicious refreshment. And thanks to bone broth, gazpacho provides additional nutrients like collagen & protein.