Bone broth recipe | Vietnamese soup
Recipe: Vietnamese soup with chicken broth, tomato and tofu
This Vietnamese tomato tofu soup based on our chicken bone broth tastes delicious and does good.
Author: Sebastian Unterhuber
Average reading time: approx. 1 minute
Recipe for 4 persons as starter
cooking time: approx. 20-25 minutes
- 150 g soft tofu, cut into cubes
- 2 glasses of JARMINO chicken bone broth
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (alternative: olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tablespoons of strained tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp rock salt or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup of straw philipple or mushrooms, halved
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons tamarind paste
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup flat garlic chives (alternatively: ordinary chives)
- 1 tsp coriander
- Bring the JARMINO bone stock from the chicken to the boil. Add the tofu and simmer gently for 3 minutes.
- In a small pan, fry the shallots in oil for one minute.
- Add half of the tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper and chili and simmer gently for 3 minutes until the tomatoes start to melt.
- Add the rest of the tomatoes as well as the tomato sauce and the mushrooms to the chicken broth.
- Bring to the boil and gently stir in the tamarind paste and half of the beaten egg.
- Add coriander and garlic chives
- Enough for 4 people as a starter.